Herr-Voss Stamco® is the industry leader in mill roll journal repair. Over the past 20 years, we have worked to develop and perfect processes to salvage damaged and worn roll necks. Whether a roll has sustained minor bearing journal scoring, keyway damage, drive spade wear, or catastrophic bearing failure, Herr-Voss Stamco® can return your roll to service within weeks. Even rolls that were previously thought beyond repair can be returned to print dimensions at a fraction of the cost of a new roll.
- Hot mill, cold mill, paper mill, aluminum mill, galvanize line, back ups, work rolls, edgers, auxiliary rolls
- Roll sizes from 6 inches (152 mm) – 60 inches (1,524 mm) in diameter
- Roll length up to 288 inches (7,315 mm)with journals up to 32 inches (813 mm) in diameter
- Tapered and straight neck repair
- Weld repair – iron and steel
- Steel and stellite sleeves
- Chrome plating of bearing journals for better lubricity and lower coefficient of friction
- Keyway/key slot repair
- Drive spade repair
- Chock removal
- Fillet ring removal and replacement
At a time when new roll deliveries can take up to 2 years and roll inventories are low, journal repair can mean the difference between lengthy delays and running at full capacity. Let Herr-Voss Stamco® take care of all your journal repair needs.